Pearl Porridge Recipe – Porridge is a mixture of solid and liquid ingredients with a composition of more liquid ingredients than solid ingredients. The porridge itself has a cooking process by boiling until all the ingredients become soft. Porridge has various types, one of which is pearl porridge.
Pearl porridge or Chinese henna porridge is made from the basic ingredients of pearl sago which has the nickname sago pearl or Indonesian version of boba. Namely, food that has the shape of small red, white, green, blue colored spheres made from sago flour.
Because of its round and transparent shape, this is what is then called a pearl. Sago pearls are widely sold in markets, stalls, and in the nearest cake ingredient store. Generally, raw pearl sago is sold in dry form in small plastic packaging at a fairly cheap price.
In addition to the pearl porridge recipe, pearl sago can also be used as a mixture for ice and other delicious and chewy snacks, such as mixed ice, sago cake, pearl pudding, pearl hunk we, putu ayu pearl sago, rainbow chacha porridge, porridge, and many others.
How to make pearl porridge is easy, but if the boiling process is wrong, the boiled pearls will not be soft or still have lumps. But don't worry, because we will share recipes and tips for delicious, soft and chewy pearl porridge. A practical tip for making soft pearl porridge is to cook using Method 5.30.7, besides making the process of cooking pearl porridge easier, cooking with method 5307 is also able to save gas.
For those of you who want to try making a pearl porridge recipe using the 5-30-7 method, let's look at the recipe and steps to make the following fail-safe pearl porridge.
> Preparation Time: 5 minutes
> Total Time: 45 minutes
1. Materials Used
- 1 pack of pearl sago
- 1-liter water
- Sugar to taste
2. Ingredients for Coconut Milk
- 1 pack of instant coconut milk (I use kara)
- 200 milliliters of water
- Pandan leaves 2 pieces, conclude
- Salt to taste
How to Make Pearl Sago Porridge
- First of all, boil water in a saucepan, boil until it boils, it should boil.
- Then enter the pearl sago, stir until it changes color, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then close the pot tightly, let stand for 30 minutes (the condition of the fire is off and the pot is tightly closed).
- While waiting 30 minutes, boil all the ingredients for the coconut milk.
- Boil the coconut milk while continuing to stir so that the coconut milk does not break, when it boils, turn off the heat. Set aside.
- After waiting 30 minutes, turn the heat back on then add the sugar.
- Boil the pearls again while stirring until boiling for 7 minutes.
- When it boils, turn off the heat.
- Put the pearl porridge in a bowl and pour it with coconut milk.
- Pearl porridge is ready to be served.
For those who don't like the taste of coconut milk, then you can make a recipe for pearl sago porridge without coconut milk. The trick is to replace coconut milk with Fibercream, sweetened condensed milk, creamer or it could be with a thick sweet brown sugar sauce.
How easy is it not to make your pearl porridge at home? For those who are confused or bored with the usual menu, you can try this Pearl Porridge Recipe at home.
Good luck and hopefully useful.