Donuts (doughnuts or donuts in English) are fried snacks, made from a mixture of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter.
How to Make Donuts – Donuts are one of the most popular snacks for children. Besides having a sweet taste, donuts also have a soft and smooth texture so that fried donuts are a delicious snack to eat in any atmosphere.
Generally, Donut Recipes are made from wheat flour, yeast, eggs, butter, and sugar. However, nowadays it is not uncommon for many to add steamed potatoes to the dough. Not without reason, because donuts made from potatoes will provide a softer texture than flour donuts.
But make no mistake, now there is a way to make donuts that are soft and perfectly fluffy even without potatoes! Like the recipe and how to make donuts without potatoes that we will share this time.
Tips for making donuts soft and fluffy without potatoes is the right mix of dough. Resting the dough properly also greatly affects the shape and rise of the donut. So you must pay attention to the ingredients used so that the donuts you make are the way you want them to be.
Well, instead of being curious, let's just look at the ingredients and how to make simple soft and fluffy donuts like the following.
How to Make Soft and Fluffy Donuts Without Potatoes
Ingredients for Making Yeast Fried Donuts
- 500 gr high protein wheat flour
- 250 ml of warm water
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 egg yolks 2 eggs
- 100 gr Margarine 100 grams, melted, cooled
- 6 grams of instant yeast 6 grams
- 2 tablespoons milk powder (I use Dancow milk powder)
- The right amount of oil
- Sufficient powdered sugar for sprinkling
How to Make Durable Soft Donuts
- Prepare a container, then enter 250 milliliters of warm water, 5 tablespoons of flour, yeast, and also 5 tablespoons of sugar. Stir clockwise slowly with a spoon until the mixture is dissolved.
- Next, add the flour little by little while continuing to stir, when the flour is about half the size, add the eggs, milk powder, and margarine one by one. Mix well again and add the remaining flour little by little until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead the dough until it is elastic, then cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until the dough has doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- The next step is to deflate the dough, then stir briefly, and let stand again until it expands.
- Shape the donuts according to your taste, you can use a donut mold or you can also make donuts manually from a ring-shaped donut in the middle of a round donut without filling or you can also fill it with sweet flavors such as various types of jam, jelly, cream, chocolate, and custard.
- Heat enough oil, then fry the donuts using low heat until golden yellow.
- Remove, drain and serve donuts with mustard sugar or other toppings according to taste such as grated cheese or chocolate / colorful messes.
How easy is it not to make these fried donuts without potato chips? This soft donut recipe has been tested and also marketed.
The texture is almost similar to JCO donuts which are hollow in the middle, but they still have a soft filling and are very crunchy if you fry them longer than normal donuts.
I don't know why I prefer donuts that are crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. The taste is more delicious, and delicious eaten just like that even without the sweet topping.
But it all depends on individual tastes, if you want a soft and fluffy donut that fits, then you just have to fry it until it's yellowish, not brown.
Usually, I use these donuts for order boxes. It was delicious and tender, even though eaten the next day. It's no less delicious than NCC's potato donuts and also Directly Delicious.
Tips for making donuts so that they don't absorb too much oil, don't turn the donuts too often during the frying process. Only one time is enough, so when the edges are golden yellow, just turn the donuts over and fry until one side is cooked.
In this easy way, eating the donuts that you make will absorb less oil so that they are more delicious and healthy for the family to consume.
How to Make Tender and Fluffy Donuts Without Potatoes is a mainstay because the results are always satisfying if you follow the ingredients and the manufacturing process correctly.
Good luck and be creative yourself, hopefully, it's useful