Ketoprak Recipe – Hey, who likes to eat ketoprak? If I like it, one of my favorite foods, when I'm eating out, is "ketoprak". From the first time, almost every day always have ketoprak breakfast. Although this ketoprak is suitable for lunch, the ketoprak seller who used to hang out in front of the factory where I work is always busy. So in my opinion, ketoprak is always delicious to eat anytime.
Speaking of ketoprak, which is typical of Jakarta's culinary icon, this food is made from pieces of diamond, fried tofu, bean sprouts, and peanut sauce which are often sold using mobile carts. Ketoprak Jakarta is best eaten with an abundance of peanut sauce. Added with savory starch crackers, so the ketoprak is even more delicious.
Generally, one portion of ketoprak is sold for 7 to 25 thousand rupiah. It's different again if you eat it at a restaurant or mall, at least one portion can be 15 to 25 thousand rupiah.
Buying ketoprak outside is practical because you don't have to bother cooking it yourself in the kitchen. The price is also quite cheap and affordable, so it is very suitable as cheap and delicious food for boarding children, college students, and workers like me.
But there's nothing wrong, if you occasionally make your ketoprak recipe at home. Apart from being satisfied with the food, the cleanliness is also better maintained, and we can choose good ingredients to cook, including delicious soy sauce as the seasoning.
How to make a homemade Jakarta ketoprak recipe is of course very easy and not too difficult. Just boil and fry the ingredients, then make the peanut sauce with a spicy, sweet, savory level that can be adjusted according to taste. For the ketupat or lontong, you can buy it at the traditional market closest to your house. Let's save more time and make it easier for us to cook this ketoprak recipe.
- Tofu 5 pieces, fry until brown
- Bean sprouts 1 handful
- Soun or vermicelli 1 piece, soak in warm water, drain
- Fried onions to taste, used for sprinkling
- Starch crackers, as an accompaniment
- Peanuts 75 grams, fried
- Garlic 2 boiled
- 4 pieces of cayenne pepper, boiled according to taste
- Bango sweet soy sauce 4 tablespoons
- Tamarind water or vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt and brown sugar to taste
- Enough boiled water
- First, puree the beans, chilies, and garlic. Add salt, brown sugar, water, and tamarind water, mix well.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, stir again until the spices are well mixed.
- Next, arrange the pieces of diamond, bean sprouts, and glass noodles on a serving plate.
- Then sprinkle with peanut sauce to taste according to taste.
- Give enough sweet soy sauce, then sprinkle the ketoprak with fried onions.
- Serve immediately with a complement of starch crackers and sliced boiled eggs if you like.
Tips for Success in Making Ketoprak Recipes:
- After the vermicelli or vermicelli are brewed and drained, you can prepare the vermicelli by cutting them according to taste to make it easier when serving.
- Fry or roast the peanuts until they are completely cooked, so they don't smell raw. But be careful when frying peanuts, because if you fry them too long they can burn and taste bitter if they are processed into peanut sauce or chili sauce.
- During the process of making peanut sauce, gradually add water little by little to reduce the risk of the seasoning being too runny.
Although ketoprak is a traditional food, its existence is no less popular with food from abroad such as Spaghetti and Pizza.
So don't be surprised anymore if ketoprak is often hunted by foreign tourists because they want to taste the delicious dishes of Jakarta's ketoprak.
Good luck and be creative yourself with the Jakarta Ketoprak Recipe, I hope you like it and suit your taste. Happy cooking!